and Join XERQ today

XERQ is disrupting the forum experience,
one ridiculous topic at a time.

By clicking this button, you agree to XERQ's Terms of Service
Writing
Views
Replies
Page 3 of 4 First 1234 Last
      This member's privacy settings prevent this post from being visible to guests.

Originally posted by Member
      good, this rustled my jimmies.

I hope you are joking
      I think he's just trollololing through
      @emerican you know as well as I do that when the curators were first set up and someone reported an post that there was an email sent out to all mods and curators. In that email there was always the email address of the person that reported the post.

After I brought this up the email address was removed from the report email. Despite this any regular moderator could go into the mod control panel and view any email address for any username. This is a standard feature in VBBs....nothing nefarious on the @XERQ or the admin team's part. It's been advised that this has now been removed and only the admin can view IP and email addresses which I think is reasonable.

Cliff notes: You should always use a throwaway email address for forums.

-J

@emerican you know as well as I do that when the curators were first set up and someone reported an post that there was an email sent out to all mods and curators. In that email there was always the email address of the person that reported the post.

After I brought this up the email address was removed from the report email. Despite this any regular moderator could go into the mod control panel and view any email address for any username. This is a standard feature in VBBs....nothing nefarious on the @XERQ or the admin team's part. It's been advised that this has now been removed and only the admin can view IP and email addresses which I think is reasonable.

-J
      Not in our setup, emails were never viewable in the moderator control panel, only in the administrator control panel of which I'm the only user able to view. Even smods aren't able to view profile information (including email addresses).

Not in our setup, emails were never viewable in the moderator control panel, only in the administrator control panel of which I'm the only user able to view. Even smods aren't able to view profile information (including email addresses).
      Which is great. I'm glad you are taking these issues seriously.

-J
      Last edited by ObeyTheJ; 08-05-2013 at 12:14 AM.

The sub's are a mess, looking at the 'forum' section now I'm like WTF. But ITT a lot of boohoo from ex-mods.
      @XERQ

Love the concept and idea, but the forum looks like a big bag of blah right now....too many sub forums and they are, I am guessing, growing...Can they be broken into categories or listed alphabetically or something? Something to improve on how they look or are filtered might help. Its like a giant wall of text.

And really, there is a whole subforum dedicated to Star Wars? Really? Seriously? Like for real? Getting a bit silly at that point IMHO.....

-J
      PM me for rates bro!
      Last edited by tillwehavefaces; 08-05-2013 at 08:32 AM.

I'm assuming you smods still have your private management forum. Can you please delete my phone number from the contact information thread we had in there?

A bit shitty of @XERQ to just fire you all without some discussion first

A bit shitty of @XERQ to just fire you all without some discussion first
      I didn't get fired. I still have "mod" stuff in DYEL and the Entertainment subforum. Buster and I were the ones lobbying for the entertainment subforum way back in Jaunauary when this forum first started and said we'd try to help make it grow, sticky threads, make lists, etc....so we were made mods of that sub. A feew other subs were made with mods who were assigned to those subs. I personally asked for powers in DYEL because there wasn't any active mod in there so we could sticky stuff as some users were wanting to be able to post and make guides, etc... @Rumbaar thats the only reason...

Then the subforum purge happened and everything went back to the main with prefixes. So us subforum mods all became mods of the main as well--pretty much overnight....then the subforums came back and the prefixes were nixed and we modded our regular subforums and helped out in the main when necessary. Now the subforums are going in place of subxerqs. I actually think a few dedicated subforums are going to end up coming back. This whole sub-xerq thing is going to get too big and diluted for our userbase IMHO. For example, Sprots is too big an active to just be a subxerq, it also has a lot of fantasy football pools and stuff like that..... But Xerq is innovative and is always trying to improve here which I think is great (take notes Fazle)...

I honestly do not care about being blue. I got more shit for it and felt I needed to be nice because of it and felt I had to do certain things. Now I don't. I can be a full regular member again and post and do what I want as long as it doesn't violate the rules...

We have our tv forum which is all I ever wanted so I am a happy camper!

Being a mod is more work and bullshit than it was actually worth.
      Last edited by tillwehavefaces; 08-05-2013 at 08:46 AM.

I didn't get fired. I still have "mod" stuff in DYEL and the Entertainment subforum. Buster and I were the ones lobbying for the entertainment subforum way back in Jaunauary when this forum first started and said we'd try to help make it grow, sticky threads, make lists, etc....so we were made mods of that sub. A feew other subs were made with mods who were assigned to those subs. I personally asked for powers in DYEL because there wasn't any active mod in there so we could sticky stuff as some users were wanting to be able to post and make guides, etc... @Rumbaar thats the only reason...

Then the subforum purge happened and everything went back to the main with prefixes. So us subforum mods all became mods of the main as well--pretty much overnight....then the subforums came back and the prefixes were nixed and we modded our regular subforums and helped out in the main when necessary. Now the subforums are going in place of subxerqs. I actually think a few dedicated subforums are going to end up coming back. This whole sub-xerq thing is going to get too big and diluted for our userbase IMHO. For example, Sprots is too big an active to just be a subxerq, it also has a lot of fantasy football pools and stuff like that..... But Xerq is innovative and is always trying to improve here which I think is great (take notes Fazle)...

I honestly do not care about being blue. I got more shit for it and felt I needed to be nice because of it and felt I had to do certain things. Now I don't. I can be a full regular member again and post and do what I want as long as it doesn't violate the rules...

We have our tv forum which is all I ever wanted so I am a happy camper!

Being a mod is more work and bullshit than it was actually worth.
      I think he will have a set of default sub-xerqs and then to access the other sub-xerqs you have to subscribe from a list.

Not sure where I've seen that before doe...

@XERQ is like Steve Jobs.

@XERQ is like Steve Jobs.
      except with one minor difference

except with one minor difference
      Steve jobs is rich?

Steve jobs is rich?
      No, he's dead. Just like your PhD research.

No, he's dead. Just like your PhD research.
      My PhD research is finished. The write up is the problem

I think he will have a set of default sub-xerqs and then to access the other sub-xerqs you have to subscribe from a list.

Not sure where I've seen that before doe...
      Wait'll you see the atheism subxerq

Wait'll you see the atheism subxerq
      How the mighty have fallen. No longer default

We've experienced success with the SubXERQs and their community management. I don't want SubXERQ leaders to feel like they're in competition with "official" subforums, nor users to think that SubXERQs are poverty subforums or less valuable or whatever. So the best solution is to simply get rid of official subforums and level the playing field. With this in mind we're migrating the "official" subforums to SubXERQs.

I put together a tiny group of 3 smods that will oversee general site management ( @red, @Ds4Xc5, and @Cthalupa ) and will remain the only official mods of XERQ.
      Wheres the subxerq I asked for

Wheres the subxerq I asked for
      You're not getting KetchupFront

You're not getting KetchupFront
      it was tomatofront...

what can I has?

This member's privacy settings prevent this post from being visible to guests.

Can you change shit around? Are you not entertained has movies, tv and music, yet there's a music subforum...

and Xerq not replying to my PM
      This happened to me after I quit as curator. He doesn't give a shit after

Why have subforums (subxerqs ) if that shit is just going to clog the main page anyway?

I'm not interested in seeing 95% of that shit.
      In the next version you'll be able to include/exclude them

and Xerq not replying to my PM
      It doesn't take 11ty PMs to plan a night of partying and hookers

XERQ is just ignoring you guys because I'm currently ignoring a PM from him because I'm being a lazy motherfucker.

Page 3 of 4 First 1234 Last
    SSD Nodes

Trademarks property of their respective owners. Comments owned by the poster. Site is funded by advertising, member subscriptions, and shopping affiliate links.
    Copyright © 2015 XERQ. All rights reserved.
    XERQ® is a registered trademark.